The CBB Writers' Retreat
August 18-22, 2023
Registration for 2023's retreat is closed, but you can sign up here for First Dibs on 2024 Retreat Spots!
We've left up the 2023 retreat info (below) so that you can get a sample of what a retreat with us might be like.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.
Join us in Washington State for an amazing long weekend of writing, comradery, and growth!
What: An amazing retreat for writers!
When: Friday, August 18 - Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Where: The great state of Washington! (Use SEA-TAC as your airport of arrival.) We will be getting a large Airbnb for our group.
Who: You and up to 12 other writers!
- Early bird pricing (ends Dec. 31!) is $1,200 USD, which can be paid in full upon registration or be broken into 5 monthly payments of $240 USD.
- Regular pricing is $1,300 USD, which can be paid in full upon registration or broken into 5 monthly payments of $260.
- Lodging, food, and transportation from the airport (SEA-TAC) so once you arrive you don’t have to worry about anything but writing.
- Four Writing Workshops (including two from virtual guest presenter Tiffany Yates Martin)!
- A writing craft book club discussion of Intuitive Editing, PLUS a virtual hour-long Q&A with the author!
- One 1:1 30-minute coaching session with coach of your choice to discuss anything about the writing life! (Plus, you know, lots of informal facetime with us!)
- Networking and community building with other passionate writers
- Dedicated writing time to work on your WIP
- Time set aside to fill your cup through a variety of optional activities, including solo AND communal options so that extroverts and introverts alike can feel refreshed!
- Plus some additional surprise goodies...
We have some amazing stuff planned! To view each day's schedule, expand each date below.
Friday, August 18, 2023
Saturday, August 19, 2023
Sunday, August 20, 2023
Monday, August 21, 2023
Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Writing Workshop Descriptions
We are so excited to bring you some amazing workshops as part of the retreat! We've chosen these specific workshops because writers of all levels will be able to level up their writing craft through them.
Check out more information about each workshop below.
Writing Workshop with Andrew
Writing Workshop: "Amping Up Tension and Suspense to Keep Readers Turning Pages"
Writing Workshop: "Using Nonverbals to Bring Scenes to Life"
Craft Book Discussion on Intuitive Editing by Tiffany Yates Martin
Writing Workshop with Katie
Fill Up Your Creative Cup
As storytellers ourselves, we recognize just how important it is to take time to fill our creative cups. That's really challenging to do at home sometimes, what with all of the responsibilities and demands on our time we're faced with in our day-to-day lives. That's why we've intentionally set aside time for filling our creative cups!
While we've blocked off the time for you, we know that you know yourself best. That's why we'll be providing the following mix of optional activities.
Dungeons and Dragons
Arts and Crafts
Time in Nature
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need to sign up by?
What will the lodging be like?
Will I have to share a room?
I have dietary restrictions, will that be a problem?
Will a copy of Intuitive Editing be included?
Meet Our Coaches
Well, hello there! We are Andrew and Katie Wall, the husband-and-wife team behind Craft Better Books.
Katie is a writer, book coach, and lover of stories, words, and grammar (yes, really!). She has over a decade of experience working with writers and is certified through the Author Accelerator Book Coaching Program. She is known for her meticulous eye for revision and undying enthusiasm for brilliant plot twists.
Andrew is a book coach and World-Building Consultant. He loves reading, anime, Dungeons and Dragons, and nerding out with writers over their books. If you like piña colada, getting caught in the rain, and developing complex fantasy worlds that transport readers to another dimension, you two are going to get along just fine.