You're too close.
You’ve read your manuscript a thousand times, but something's still missing.
You need objectivity. You need inspiration. You need a book coach.
Receive objective feedback on your project
Define your vision and goals of your story
Receive big picture developmental insights
Start your revision process today!Book your free consultation
Develop a strategic plan to improve your project
Define your vision and goals of your story
Working with our revision coach is as easy as 1-2-3.
Step 1: Manuscript Evaluation
A Manuscript Evaluation includes:
- A close reading of your entire manuscript to identify structural issues, plot inconsistencies, and areas for strategic character development
- An evaluation of fundamental issues in your manuscript using our research-based assessment rubric
- An editorial letter (10+ pages) summarizing coaching feedback and next steps for development
- A 60-minute coaching call to review feedback and outline strategies for improvement
Pricing for a Manuscript Evaluation is:
- Up to 85,000 words, $1,600 USD
- 85,000-100,000 words, $1,950 USD
- Over 100,000 words, $1,950 USD plus $20/1,000 additional words
Standard turnaround time for this service is 3-4 weeks.
"Katie's ability to see what's missing is such a huge asset in a book coach. She took my story and pointed out exactly where I needed to do more thinking and revising, leading me to several big breakthroughs in both my main character's emotional arc and in tightening up my plot. She's also a fantastic listener, and I left each of our calls feeling heard and full of excitement for my next steps."
Samantha Skal, Thriller Writer
Step 2: FIRM Up Your Novel for Revision
A 5-deadline package focused on taking your novel from “needs work” all the way to the fourth draft by addressing the Foundational principle, Internal desire, Route, and Manuscript.
- Gain objectivity over your manuscript
- Address problem areas, plot discrepancies, and character flaws
- Define your goals and vision for the story
- Evaluate your story in light of these defined goals
- Formulate a plan to actualize your story’s potential
This package includes:
- 5 deadlines with personalized workbook materials and exercises based on your project goals
- Written feedback on each set of submitted exercises
- 5 coaching calls (two 2-hour calls and three 1-hour calls—7 hours of live coaching total!)
By the end of the package you will have:
- A clear outline to overcome areas where you are “stuck”
- An actionable plan to bring your vision to life
- A step-by-step revision guide for your manuscript
This package costs $1750 USD. Need a payment plan? Let us know!
"I hired Katie after completing a manuscript. Her input was transformative and far better than I could have dreamed of. Katie provided exactly what I needed for my book with her 'FIRM up your novel' system. I now have a fantastically improved outline and a lot of work to do but the project has also restored my love of writing and stories."
Simon Hazelden, Fantasy Writer
Step 3: Ongoing Support
You can choose your level of support from the following options:
The Alcove Writing Community
A tight-knit group of writers who will give you the accountability and inspiration you need to reach your goals.
- 2 hours a week of scheduled group writing sprints
- 1-hour weekly group coaching call
- Weekly writing exchange for community feedback on your project
- Access to recommended writing resources lists including links, books, and podcasts
- A 25% DISCOUNT on new products and services before they're available to the public
- Invaluable insights, encouragement, and community to help you overcome writer’s block and hone your writing skills
- A strong and supportive network of writing peers
- Accountability and inspiration for your ongoing project
"Katie can zero in on everything that is holding back a book's potential. She stirred up my excitement to revise my book, which isn't an easy thing to do!!”
Alexis Jacobs, Science Fiction Writer
"Working with Katie is a MUST for anyone serious about getting their book, and their craft, to the next level. Her collaborative, solutions-oriented approach will completely revolutionize your story."
Nola S., Historical Fiction Writer
“Katie took a big picture look at the novel’s plot, structure, and characters, providing me with professional insights that I wouldn’t be able to get from critique partners alone. Recommended!"
P.E. Robinson, Speculative Fiction Author