Terms and Conditions

Effective Date: February 15, 2021

  1. Terms of Service:
    1. The Katie Wall Book Coach LLC Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”) is a legally binding agreement between you (“you”, “your”, “the client”) and Katie Wall Book Coach LLC, a Washington Limited Liability Company (dba “Katie Wall Book Coach”) (dba "Craft Better Books") (“Katie Wall Book Coach”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
    2. Please read these Terms carefully and contact us if you have any questions. By signing up for our Services you agree to be bound by these Terms.
    3. Additional Definitions:
      1. “Service”, “Services” = editing (developmental edit, copy edit, proofread), evaluation (manuscript evaluation), coaching, or any other service detailed on the Site.
      2. “Site” = Craft Better Books website, www.craftbetterbooks.com and all pages associated with it.
  2. Guarantees:
    1. There are no guarantees in publishing. Katie Wall Book Coach LLC makes no guarantees about clients landing an agent or a publishing deal.
    2. Editing services are provided with integrity and excellence. However, no guarantee is made that a manuscript will be 100% error-free after such services are performed.
  3. Payments:
    1. 100% of the project invoice is due at booking; this reserves our time to complete the work we am booked for. No additional deposit is required.
    2. Quotes and invoices are sent via email and are due upon receipt. Payment may be made with debit or credit card. Payments are processed by Stripe. Prices are quoted in US Dollars and payments must be rendered in US Dollars.
    3. Katie Wall Book Coach LLC reserves the absolute right to accept or refuse payment made in any form. You will not be charged for any orders that cannot be fulfilled and where appropriate Katie Wall Book Coach LLC will refund to your account any sum deducted by Katie Wall Book Coach LLC (see Cancellations and Refunds)
  4. Cancellations and Refunds:
    1. One-off edits (ex: proofread, copy edit, developmental edit, manuscript evaluation):
      1. If a project is cancelled before the client’s documents are uploaded to the Google Drive “submission” folder, 75% of the project fee will be refunded. The remaining 25% will not be refunded.
      2. If a project is cancelled after the client’s documents are uploaded to the Google Drive “submission” folder, whether or not any services have begun on those files, none (0%) of the project fee will be refunded.
    2. Coaching packages:
      1. If the client requests to cancel the package before the client uploads documents for the first deadline to the Google Drive “submission” folder, 75% of the project fee will be refunded. The remaining 25% will not be refunded.
      2. If the client requests to cancel the package after the client uploads documents for the first deadline to the Google Drive “submission” folder, whether or not any services have begun on those files, 50% of the project fee will be refunded. The remaining 50% will not be refunded.
      3. If the client requests to cancel the package after Katie Wall uploads edits for the first deadline to the Google Drive “edits” folder, 25% of the project fee will be refunded. The remaining 75% will not be refunded.
      4. If the client requests to cancel the package after the client uploads documents for the second deadline to the Google Drive “submission” folder, whether or not any services have begun on those files, 0% of the project fee will be refunded. The remaining 100% will not be refunded.
    3. Appointments:
      1. Coaching call time is set by the package guidelines listed on the client’s quote and invoice documents. The coaching call time that is purchased in a package must be used within the parameters of the package plus one (1) week beyond that time frame. For example, if a package covers four (4) weeks, the coaching call time purchased in that package must be used within five (5) weeks (four weeks plus one week) after the client’s intake coaching call appointment. If the coaching call time is not used by that date, the time is forfeited unless other arrangements are made on a case-by-case basis with Katie Wall Book Coach. There will be no refunds made specifically for coaching time separate from the guidelines for package refunds (see above).
      2. Cancellations that are made at least a week in advance will be considered rescheduling and will not count against the client’s invoiced services. However, if this policy is abused (a client reschedules regularly or 3 times over 2 months) then we reserve the right to count these appointments against the invoiced coaching time after sending a warning note to the client.
      3. Cancellations made within a week of our appointment for a nonemergency will count against the client’s invoice and therefore forfeited. The client may purchase extra pages/coaching time to make up that time.
      4. Cancellations made due to an emergency (hospitalization of yourself or a family member you care for, power outage, severe illness, etc.) will not count against the client’s invoice if made in a timely manner. We reserve the right to request proof of the emergency. If satisfactory proof cannot be presented, or the cancellation was not given in a timely manner in relation to the emergency (i.e. the emergency began over 24 hours before the cancellation was given), we reserve the right to count the cancellation against the client’s invoiced time.
      5. If an appointment or deadline is missed without communication, the deadline will count against the client’s invoice. If the client would like to make up the deadline they must pay for extra pages/coaching time.
  5. Privacy Policy
    1. Katie Wall Book Coach LLC shall use reasonable efforts to protect personal information submitted by you in connection with the Company service and shall use such information in accordance with the privacy policy.
  6. Limitation of Liability
    1. You expressly understand and agree that:
    2. Katie Wall Book Coach LLC will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, special, consequential or exemplary damages (even if Katie Wall Book Coach LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages) or loss of any kind arising from your use of the Katie Wall Book Coach LLC service(s) or from content, information, materials or products included on or otherwise made available to you through the Katie Wall Book Coach LLC service(s), or for any damages in excess of the amount paid for the specific item of content giving rise to the applicable claim for damages.
    3. You acknowledge and agree that your submission of any information is at your sole risk, and to the maximum amount permitted by law, Katie Wall Book Coach LLC hereby disclaims any and all liability to you for any loss or liability relating to such information in any way.
  7. Intellectual Property
    1. The Site and all of its contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Katie Wall Book Coach LLC and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
    2. These Terms grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Site. You may access the material on the Site only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Site or Client Portal, except as incidental to normal web browsing, such as the making of temporary copies in RAM or the cache of your Internet browser, and for features of the Site or Client Portal that enable sharing via e-mail, social media, linking, and other platforms expressly enabled by the Site.
    3. You must not:
      1. Modify copies of any materials from the Site or Client Portal.
      2. Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
      3. Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Sites.
      4. Any use of the Site or Client Portal not expressly permitted by those Terms is a breach of those Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
  8. Termination
    1. The client is free to terminate their contract at any time. Katie Wall Book Coach LLC reserves the right to terminate a contract with notice to you if you’re not complying with these Terms.
  9. General
    1. Katie Wall Book Coach LLC may revise these Terms from time to time. The changes will not be retroactive, and the most current version of the Terms, which may always be downloaded from www.craftbetterbooks.com/terms-conditions will govern our relationship with you. We will try to notify you of material revisions, for example via an email to the email associated with your account. By continuing to use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
  10. Contact Information
    1. All questions, comments, or enquiries should be directed by email to Katie Wall Book Coach LLC at [email protected] We will endeavor to respond to any query or question within two (2) working days of receipt.