Terms and Conditions for The Aspiring Authors' Alcove
Rules of Conduct
The purpose of the Community is to voluntarily exchange information about LMI and its products and services. You expressly agree not to use any part of the Community to:
- post content that is unlawful, malicious, misleading, defamatory, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, libelous, objectionable, inappropriate, improper, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, CBB or a CBB employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, group or entity;
- post any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- post any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of any third party;
- post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- act illegally or unethically or use for any illegal or unethical purposes;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule, regulation or policy, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law; or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
- Be kind and respectful.
- Leave politics out of the group.
- Give more than you take.
- Keep in mind that everyone's story/journey are different.
- All journeys to publication are accepted here.
- Add content warnings (CW) or trigger warnings (TW) to your posts and comments as appropriate.
- Ex: "CW: Mention of rape" or "TW: Explicit intercourse"
- Please remember to select a topic each time you make a post. This helps everyone be able to find your post by category!
You are solely responsible for the content of your computer and any transmissions you make when using the Community.
Posts on any part of the Community may be edited, moved, deleted or removed at any time and for any reason or no reason and without notice by any CBB employee or representative. CBB is not obligated to provide you with any reason or explanation for any post being edited, moved, deleted or removed. There is no means of appeal for any post or membership that is edited, moved, deleted or removed from the Community. CBB reserves the right to temporarily or permanently withdraw Community membership at any time and for any reason or no reason. CBB is not obligated to provide you with any reason or explanation for any such membership withdrawal.
Limitation of Liability/Indemnity/Disclaimer of Warranties
THE COMMUNITY AND ALL INFORMATION, SERVICES AND DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PART OF THE COMMUNITY ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE.
CBB SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO INFORMATION OR DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PART OF THE COMMUNITY OR THE RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON ANY PART OF THE COMMUNITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CBB BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OF ANY PART OF THE COMMUNITY, OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED IN ANY PART OF THE COMMUNITY OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PART OF THE COMMUNITY, EVEN IF CBB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
ALL DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE EXISTING AT LAW (1) ARE OF THE ESSENCE OF THE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES, AND (2) SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION, EXPIRATION OR RESCISSION OF THESE TERMS.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify CBB of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. CBB cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
CBB respects the intellectual property of others. CBB may, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, terminate the access of users who infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible at our website in a way that constitutes infringement, or that our website contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your rights, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent the information required by the U.S. Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding this web site can be reached as follows: [email protected]
You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information. If you disclose personal information in the Community, you do so at your own risk.
CBB may amend these Terms at any time and from time to time, for any reason or no reason and with or without notice to you. You manifest intent to accept any amended terms if you continue to use any part of the Community after such amended terms have been posted. You may not amend these Terms without the prior written consent of CBB. Further, CBB reserves the right to modify or discontinue all or any part of the Community at any time or from time to time, for any reason or nor reason and with or without notice. CBB shall not be liable to you or any third party should CBB exercise its right to modify or discontinue any part of the Community.
These Terms represent the complete agreement concerning the subject matter of the Terms and, except as set forth herein, may be amended only by a writing executed by both parties.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the laws of the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Boston, Massachusetts, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. The parties specifically disclaim applicability of (i) the United Nations Convention on the Sale of Goods and (ii) any Incoterms.
If any of the provisions of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Copyright © 2021 Craft Better Books
All rights reserved.