Prose Polishing Services
Copy Editing and Proofreading
If you'd like revision support but don't want to invest in coaching, I also offer developmental editing as a standalone service.
A developmental edit includes:
- Close reading of your pages
- Evaluation of fundamental issues
- Evaluation of recurring technical issues (syntax, grammar, etc.); I do not mark every instance, but instead flag patterns and then educate you in the editorial letter about how to revise these patterns
- Comments throughout your manuscript
- Editorial letter summarizing my findings and laying out next steps
A coaching call to discuss feedback can always be added a la carte; $60/30 minutes.
*Manuscripts must be submitted in standard manuscript format: 1” margins, Times New Roman 12pt font, double-spaced.Request This Service
Copy editing is for full fiction or nonfiction manuscripts that are ready to be polished for pitching.
- A meticulous read of your manuscript
- Fixing of spelling, grammar, usage, and punctuation errors
- Flagging of any inconsistencies
- An editorial letter outlining any questions or concerns I have
*Manuscripts that have fatal flaws or other foundational problems are not ready for a copy edit. See my manuscript services instead.Request This Service
Proofreading is for full fiction or nonfiction manuscripts that need a final look.
- Meticulous read of your manuscript
- Fixing of typos and other sentence-level errors
*Manuscripts that have fatal flaws, other foundational problems, or many grammar errors are not ready to be proofread. See my copy edit service (above) instead.Request This Service
Manuscripts must be submitted in standard manuscript format: 1” margins, Times New Roman 12pt font, double-spaced.
Testimonials from Editing Clients
“Katie is a phenomenal editor. She helped me to clarify the purpose for my writing and her input helped me to completely restructure my non-fiction book. She was very detailed and definitely helped me to put my best foot forward with my book proposal submissions to various agents. She is the best!"
— Melissa Moore, Motivational Speaker and Host of the Podcast Faith Hope Love with Melissa Moore, developmental edit client
“Katie Wall is a collaborative and thoughtful editor. She is a professional who takes time to evaluate a written piece. She is skilled at pointing out ways the writer can communicate their point more clearly and efficiently. Katie makes a point to ask the writer questions to ensure clear communication throughout the editing process. She is passionate about writing and helping others meet their written goals, whatever they may be. I would highly recommend Katie Wall for any editing project, big or small.”
—Bethany Baker, Special Education Para & ACC Consultant, copy edit and proofread client
"I knew it would be helpful to have a professional proofreader go through my Ph.D dissertation, but I had no idea it would be THIS helpful! Katie's attention to detail is off the charts and she truly helped me put together a thesis that I can submit with confidence. Every Ph.D student and aspiring author should use Craft Better Books!"
—Wesley W. Ellis, pastor, MDiv, MA of Christian Education, PhD, proofreading client